How do I track the status of my article?Last updated on 02/09/2015 11.32 AM
To track the status of your article you are required to:
- Have submitted a manuscript to Elsevier Editorial System (EES).
- Know whether your article is accepted for publication. If your article is submitted to a journal but not yet accepted for publication, you can track its status in EES. Once your article is accepted for publication, you can track its status with the track your accepted article tool.
Follow the steps below to track the status of your submitted or accepted article:
Track status of submitted article
- Log in to EES as author for the journal to which you submitted your manuscript.
- In your 'Author Main Menu' in EES:
- Click 'Submissions Being Processed' if your article is in the submission phase.
- Click 'Revisions Being Processed' if your article is in the revisions phase.
- Look under 'Current Status' to find the status of your submission.
Track status of accepted article
- Go to the track your accepted article tool.
- Provide your article details and click 'Track article'.
- Complete the 'Our reference code' field. You find the reference code (e.g. ABCD_1234) in the acknowledgement email you received from us.
- Complete the 'Corresponding author's surname' field.
- This field is case sensitive.
- Write the first letter of your name with a capital letter. If this doesn't work, try lower case.
- Click 'Track article' to find the status of your accepted article.
For more information, visit the track your submission page from our website.
Was this helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.